Council is currently recruiting for 3 contract positions:
- Director Assets and Infrastructure Services;
- Director Corporate and Community Services; and
- Marion Bay Caravan Park Management Position
Yorke Peninsula a place like no other, covering an area of 5,900 square kilometres, has a distance of approximately 175 kilometres between its northern and southern boundaries, and being a Peninsula, has a varying width east to west averaging approximately 30 kilometres. Our vibrant region exists within the magnificent natural environment of agricultural farmland surrounded by 485 kilometres of beautiful pristine coastline. With many popular tourist destinations dotted along both sides of the coast, the Yorke Peninsula is approximately a 2 hour drive from Adelaide.
Yorke Peninsula Council are seeking to fill the following two Director positions. To download a Candidate Information pack and to apply, please visit mcarthur.com.au and reference the following job numbers:
Director Assets and Infrastructure Services: 141438
Director Corporate and Community Services: 141439
Applications for both positions close Monday 21st September at 9:00am. Confidential enquiries may be directed to Paul Coyle on 08 8100 7000.
Director Assets and Infrastructure Services
This position is a key member of Council’s Corporate Management Team (CMT) reporting directly the Chief Executive Officer. Key areas of responsibilities include developing, implementing and delivering goals, services and programmes in relation to the following portfolios:
- Assets – Asset Management Plans (AMP) are developed and maintained to develop long term renewal and upgrade programmes.
- Works – road network construction, maintenance, grading and re-sheeting programme in addition to ensuring Council major plant and equipment is properly services and maintained through the mechanical services team.
- Operations – maintenance and refurbishment of Council’s extensive Parks and Gardens programme and adequately maintaining related infrastructure including Council aerodromes.
- Infrastructure – management and maintenance of Council’s Wastewater and Community Wastewater Management Scheme’s (CWMS).
Ideally, you will have a formal qualification in Civil Engineering, Design, Construction or related field with a minimum of five years senior management experience within Local Government or a relevant industry sector. Those with previous experience of strong decision making and problem-solving together with staff management in a fluid environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
Director Corporate and Community Services
This position is a key member of Council’s Corporate Management Team (CMT) reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Key areas of responsibilities include developing, implementing and delivering goals, services and programmes in relation to the following portfolios:
- Business and Public Relations – Strategic Planning, Communications and Engagement, Records Management; Community Libraries and Visitor Information Outlets.
- Financial Services – Finance, Accounting and Budgeting, Treasury Management, Long Term Financial Planning, Procurement, Rates and Assessment.
- Systems and Technology – system architecture and design, help desk operations, process analysis and change management.
- People, Culture and Safety – Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Employee Relations, Payroll, Organisational Development, Learning and Development, Work Health and Safety, Risk Management and Customer Service.
- Commercial Enterprises – Caravan Parks and Yorke Peninsula Leisure Options programme.
Total Remuneration Package is negotiable to commensurate experience and qualifications. Ideally, you will have a formal qualification in Accounting, Business, Commerce or other relevant discipline with a minimum of five years senior management experience within Local Government or a relevant industry sector. Those with previous experience of strong decision making and problem-solving together with staff management in a fluid environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
Marion Bay Caravan Park – Management Position
Yorke Peninsula Council is seeking applications for the management of the Marion Bay Caravan Park.
The caravan park is located on the doorstep of the spectacular Innes National Park. The caravan park itself is located only a short walk to the sheltered beach and jetty. Facilities include luxurious self-contained units and a modern camp kitchen.
Marion Bay Caravan Park is owned by Council and we are looking to secure the services of Managers who do, or are prepared to, operate as a company on a contractual basis and be responsible for the management, maintenance, cleaning, repair and upkeep of this prestigious park. The position is being offerred on a fixed term management agreement.
This is a unique opportunity for highly motivated couples or individuals to work with Council to grow the park and deliver services as outlined above. Ideally you will have previous experience in operating similar facilities, possess outstanding customer service skills and have a high degree of computer literacy. Previous experience within the caravan park industry would be highly desirable but not essential. The successful applicants should be ready to commence management no later than 1st December 2020.