In accordance with the Local Government Act, Council may establish committees to assist in the performance of its functions, including providing advice to Council.
The membership of these committees will be determined by Council and may include persons who are not members of Council.
The Yorke Peninsula Council has formed two principal committees to meet statutory obligations. The principal committee meetings are scheduled in line with their Terms of Reference. The principal committees are:
- Council Assessment Panel
- Audit Committee
- Sec 101 Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee
In addition, Council has also established two working groups. These are:
- Access Advisory Working Party
- Art Exhibition Working Party
- Bush Camping Working Party
- Coastal Management Strategy Working Party
- Roads Working Party
Agendas and minutes for all of these committees are publicly available.