The function of the Access Advisory Working Party is to provide access for people with a disability to public spaces and decreasing barriers to engaging in community life for all people.
The Working Party is developing strategies, to reduce barriers and increase access to Council premises and public buildings within the Yorke Peninsula.
The Working Party will contribute by:
- providing advice and recommendations on Council policy.
- Liaising with key stakeholders throughout the Yorke Peninsula.
- Making recommendations to Council on matters relating to access issues as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Commonwealth) and Disability inclusion Act 2014 (NSW).
The Members of this Working Party are:-
- Cr Richard Carruthers
- Mayor Darren Braund
- Roger Brooks (Director Development Services)
- Stephen Goldsworthy (Operations Manager)
- Cr Naomi Bittner
- A representative from all 33 Progress Associations/Committees
Meetings held as required. Copies of the agendas and minutes are available here.