The Audit Committee is a statutory committee established under the Local Government Act 1999. The objective of the Audit Committee is to assist the Council in the conduct of its responsibilities for the management of risk, related to financial reporting and audit initiatives, the internal control system and the audit functions and to act as a source of advice to Council and Chief Executive Officer in relation to these matters.
The Committee will:
- enhance the communication between the external auditor and the Council;
- assist the management of financial and other risks to ensure the protection of Council assets;
- monitor the effectiveness of audit and reviewing functions;
- enhance the integrity of the financial reporting of the Council and
- review the effectiveness of the Council’s internal controls and risk management systems
The Committee is appointed by Council and consists of three Elected Members and two independent members. The Committee Members are:
- Peter Brass (Chairperson/Independent Member)
- David Hurley (Independent Member)
- Cr John Rich
- Cr Tania Stock
- Cr Scott Hoyle
The Audit Committee is required to meet four (4) times per year in accordance with its adopted Terms of Reference to meet auditing and legislative requirements. Copies of the agendas and minutes are available here.