Notice Under Section 59 Summary Offences Act 1953
The following roads and public places will, for the purposes of Section 59 of the Summary Offences Act 1953, be subject to a ‘special occasion’:
- Bookyanna Road at the intersection with Port Victoria Road.
- Maitland Road at the intersection with Chinaman Wells Road.
- Point Pearce Road is closed with essential services only maintained.
- Road-related areas, within the meaning found in Section 5 of the Road Traffic Act 1961, located either side of the above roads.
From 12.00pm on Monday 30 March 2020 until further notice, exceptas provided for below, no person may:
- park or leave standing any vehicle on the abovementioned roads or road-related areas.
- stand or congregate on the abovementioned roads or road-related areas.
- drive on these roads unless an essential service.
This direction does not include vehicle or pedestrian traffic by:
- Australian Defence Force personnel in course of their duty.
- person is escaping immediate threat to the person’s life.
- members of the Point Pearce Aboriginal Community.
- other person(s) identified and approved by National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) within any conditions deemed appropriate.
All persons on the roads and areas mentioned above are required to observe this direction. Any person who fails to comply with this direction or any order given by a Yorke Peninsula Council or NIAA, reasonably calculated to ensure compliance with the direction, may be liable to prosecution.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER