Dogs should be registered once they are 3 months of age.
All residents who own a dog on the Yorke Peninsula must have the dog registered.
- You must be over 16 years of age to have a dog registered in your name.
- It is required by law that all dogs at the age of three months are to be registered.
- Dog registrations expire on 30 June each year and must be renewed by the 31 August.
- Registration renewal notices are sent out to you each year.
- If your current registration tag becomes lost or damaged, a replacement tag is available from any of Council’s four offices for a fee of $2.00.
- Under current Yorke Peninsula Council by-laws, the maximum number of dogs allowed to be kept in a township is one (1) dog for a small dwelling and two (2) dogs for a premises other than a small dwelling. Outside of a township the maximum number of dogs allowed on a premises shall be three (3).
Registration fee schedule
- Full Registration $70
- Desexed $35
- Microchipped $63
- Trained $63
- Concession $35
- Working – One set fee $20
- Desexed/ Concession $17.50
- Desexed/Microchipped $28
- Desexed/Microchipped & Concession $14
- Desexed/Trained $28
- Desexed/Trained & Concession $14
- Desexed/Trained/Microchipped $21
- Desexed/Trained/Microchipped/Concession $11
- Trained/Microchipped $56
- Trained/Concession $31.50
- Microchipped/Concession $31.50
- Microchipped/Trained/Concession $28
- Greyhounds (Registered with Racing Board) $20
- Business Registrations per dog $70
- Guide Dogs Free
- Transfer fee from other Councils $5
- New Disc or replacement $2
- Late Registration Renewal Fee (if paid after 31 August) $20
- Puppies, under 3 months at 1st Jan (Rebates Available) $35
- Dog impounding Fees (Normal Working hours) $60
- After Office Hours Dog Impounding Fees $100
- Plus daily pound charge $20
* Evidence is required
A dog can be desexed at 6 months of age.
These forms are also available from all Council offices.
Please note that all forms submitted must be accompanied by payment.
Expiation fees also apply for failing to have your dog registered or for various dog attacks or related incidents.
For more information please contact a Council office during office hours or in the case of an emergency Council’s Dog and Cat Management Officer can be contacted on 0428 847 771.