Yorke Peninsula Council, in partnership with Yorke Peninsula Tourism and the Coobowie, Edithburgh, Stansbury and Yorketown Progress Associations, were successful in gaining funding through the Regional Tourism Bushfire Recovery Grant. This funding supports the Southern Yorke Peninsula (SYP) Water Tower/Tank Mural Trail project which will see the SA Water owned water towers in Edithburgh, Stansbury and Yorketown and the water tank in Coobowie painted.
Through community consultations, the Yorke Peninsula Community have shared their ideas and inspiration towards what they would like to see on each water tower/tank. Artists then had the opportunity to express interest in undertaking the project by pitching their concepts, and have since been shortlisted. Now the mural project moves into stage three of the community consultation process where community members can vote on their favourite artist concept for each town.
In total there are five artists/artist duos, these include Sam Brooks, Nicky Create, Creature Creature, Jasmine Crisp and Mike Makatron. Each concept is the artist’s interpretation and response to the themes developed through each community consultation.
Community voting commences on Friday 12 November 2020 and closes 5:00pm, Friday 27 November 2020. The successful artist/artist duo for each town will be announced on Monday 30 November through Council’s Website and Facebook.
A summary of each artist and their concepts grouped by town can be viewed below:
- Coobowie Concept Designs – Creature Creature & Sam Brooks
- Edithburgh Concept Designs – Mike Makatron & Jasmine Crisp
- Stansbury Concept Designs – Mike Makatron, Nicky Create & Creature Creature
- Yorketown Concept Designs – Sam Brooks & Jasmine Crisp
Voting now closed
Hard copy voting documents are available at all Council Offices and the following community locations:
- Edithburgh Visitor information Centre, 18 Edith Street, Edithburgh.
- Stansbury Visitor Information Centre, Corner of Weaver & Towler Street, Stansbury.
- Coobowie TNT Dina-Bite, 21 Beach Road, Coobowie.
For more information, please contact Taylor Gray at Yorke Peninsula Council on 8832 0000.