Early in August, the Harry J. Butler and Kauper Aviation Co. Ltd. was formed, and operated from a hanger at Northfield. This Northfield air strip was used by the Aviation Company from July 1919 to October 1920. An aerodrome at Albert Park (purchased by Butler himself) was used from October 1920, until the closing of the Company on September 24th, 1921.
The airfield was subsequently purchased by the Commonwealth Government and used for a time as the Adelaide Airport until the Parafield Aerodrome was completed and put into use.
The original stakeholders in the Company were Butler, Kauper, Mrs Kauper, H.C Richards and Sergeant Major S.C Crawford. The business of the new Company as set out in its Articles was to be “Manufactures and Importers of Aircraft, Motor Cars and Merchandise, with subsidiary interests as Motor and General Engineers and in Aerial and Passenger Carrying and Advertising Services.” The very novelty of the enterprise caused it to flourish in its early stages, and there was a strong demand for passenger flights and stunting exhibitions.