Fishers are reminded that new SA recreational fishing rules come into effect as at 1 December. The changes affect both recreational and charter fishers.
Changes to fishing limits for 26 species including size, bag and boat limit changes have been implemented to ensure the sustainability of fish stocks in our waters.
The changes include:
- King George Whiting daily limits reduced to 10 per person or 30 per boat and increase to size limit to 32cm
- A King George Whiting spatial spawning closure from 1-31 May each year from Edithburgh to Point Turton – see map
- Blue / sand crabs – 11cm minimum for blue and 10 cm for sand crabs and combined limit of 20 crabs
- Flathead – 30 cm length and limit 10 per person
- Razorfish – maximum 25 per person
- Scallops – limit 50 per person
- Snook – 45 cm minimum and limit of 20 per person
- Squid – combined total of 15 squid/cuttlefish
- Garfish – 23 cm minimum and limit of 30 per person
Fishers can download the Fishing Guide app (http://www.pirs.sa.gov.au/fishing/recfishingapp) or SMS a fish name to 0427 767 995 for details.
Full details here: