WHS High Risk Officer
Assist the Work Health Safety (WHS) team to maintain, monitor and promote Council’s WHS Management System within Council. Primarily focused on assisting the Supervisors and Leading Workers to understand and meet their WHS obligations, contribute and manage the development of WHS programmes, policies, procedures, risk assessments and associated documents primarily within the high risk work area(s) of Council.
76 hour fortnight
The idea candidate should possess:
- Knowledge and understanding of Work Health and Safety legislation and its application in the workplace.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk identification, analysis and evaluation with the ability to undertake comprehensive risk assessments.
- Ability to identify safety hazards and implement corrective actions, as per hierarchy of controls.
- Knowledge and understanding of high risk construction work and associated safe work method statements.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organisational skills.
- Ability to organise and plan workflow, and set priorities and objectives within an environment of conflicting priorities.
- High level of data entry accuracy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite of software, especially a strong understanding of the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to develop and use computer data bases for information collection and reporting.
- Certificate qualification in Work Health Safety or other relevant qualification, or experience working within a Work Health Safety environment within an organisational context.
- Certificate qualification in Training and Assessment, or significant experience working within a training environment within an organisational context.
Vacancy Kit – WHS High Risk Officer – vacancy no 4608