Director Corporate and Community Services
Yorke Peninsula is a place like no other, covering an area of 5,900 square kilometres, it has a distance of approximately 175 kilometres between its northern and southern boundaries, and being a Peninsula, has a varying width east to west averaging approximately 30 kilometres. Our vibrant region exists within the magnificent natural environment of agricultural farmland surrounded by 485 kilometres of beautiful pristine coastline. With many popular tourist destinations dotted along both sides of the coast, the Yorke Peninsula is approximately a 2 hour drive from Adelaide.
This position is a key member of Council’s Corporate Management Team (CMT) reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Key areas of responsibilities include developing, implementing, and delivering goals, services, and programmes in relation to the following portfolios:
- Business and Public Relations – Strategic Planning, Communications and Engagement, Records Management; Community Libraries and Visitor Information Outlets.
- Financial Services – Finance, Accounting and Budgeting, Treasury Management, Long Term Financial Planning, Procurement, Rates and Assessment.
- Systems and Technology – system architecture and design, help desk operations, process analysis, and change management.
- People, Culture and Safety – Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Employee Relations, Payroll, Organisational Development, Learning and Development, Work Health and Safety, Risk Management and Customer Service.
- Commercial Enterprises – Caravan Parks and Yorke Peninsula Leisure Options programme.
Total Remuneration Package is negotiable to commensurate experience and qualifications. Ideally, you will have a formal qualification in Accounting, Business, Commerce, or other relevant discipline with a minimum of five years senior management experience within Local Government or a relevant industry sector. Those with previous experience of strong decision making and problem-solving together with staff management in a fluid environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
To download a Candidate Information pack and to apply, please visit mcarthur.com.au and reference job number 141439. Applications close Monday 29th March at 9am.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to Paul Coyle on 08 8100 7000.