Yorke Peninsula Council is interested in supporting the health and wellbeing of the community. Council’s Environmental Health Officer is involved in monitoring various aspects of the community in order to ensure public health is maintained.
Operational areas include:
- Food safety and surveillance
- Communicable disease control
- Housing conditions and amenity
- Public health pest control
- Hairdressing and skin penetration activities
- Water quality – rainwater tanks
- Wastewater systems
- Built environment
- Emergency management – disease control
- Immunisation (contracted to SYP Health Services)
Council has developed the following guides to assist with specific information on public health matters.