Numerous approved bush camping sites exist throughout the Yorke Peninsula and are situated at some of the most beautiful scenic coastal areas, which are accessible by conventional vehicles. Details are listed below.
To assist you to locate a bush camping spot on the Yorke Peninsula we have created a map indicating many popular coastal camp sites.
Camping permits and fees
As from 1st September 2016 the following came into effect:
- All designated bush camping grounds are subject to a fee and a permit must be obtained prior to setting up camp
- Camping is now permitted at Daly Head as well as Len Barker Reserve, Port Minlacowie, Parara and the Foul Bay Boat Ramp
- More choices of permit types – nightly, weekly, monthly or annual
- Special ‘local rates’ for ratepayers
- Anyone camping without first obtaining a permit may be liable to a $100 fine
- All camping permits are recorded on a central data base
The permit will no longer be restricted to a particular camp ground, instead it will allow you to camp at any of the Yorke Peninsula designated camp grounds.
The Gap (No. 1), Burners Beach (No. 6) and Gleesons Landing (No. 11) camping areas, have toilet facilities. All other camping sites have no toilet facilities. Gleesons Landing also has a water pump available for the use of bathing and washing, however is not fit for drinking.
Camp fire information
You are permitted to light open camp fires providing you have a four (4) metre clearance around the proposed camp fire, prior to lighting. Strictly no fires are to be lit during a total fire ban. Visit the South Australian Country Fire Service website for more information on fire regulations and camp fire conditions.
Excluded camping locations
Camping is only permitted in designated camping locations via the camping permit.
For further information, please contact the Yorke Peninsula Visitor Information Centre on 1800 202 445 or visit their website.
Bush Camping Feedback
We would love to hear how your stay went. Fill out this quick survey and let us know what you liked and if there is anything we can do better.