We want to help!
Yorke Peninsula Council is committed to supporting economic growth and job creation and want to make a positive impact on the local business environment and the local economy.
About the grants
An amount of $20k per annum has been allocated in Council’s annual budget to support local businesses.
The funding may be used for investment in new equipment or infrastructure, training or conference attendance, mentoring and networking opportunities, rent assistance, relocation costs etc. Any proposal that will boost the local economy will be considered under this program.
This program includes not only financial grants but other means of assistance to bring your business ideas to reality.
If funding is being sought, you will be required to ‘match’ the funding as follows:
- For grants up to $5,000 (GST exclusive) for each $1 granted, the applicant is expected to contribute a matching $1 towards the project (e.g. $2,500 applicant: $2,500 grant – total of project $5,000).
- For grants over $5,000 (GST exclusive) for each $1 granted, the applicant is expected to contribute a minimum of $1 towards the project, however a greater co-contribution may be required.
Who is eligible to apply for a grant?To be eligible, an applicant must:
• Have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN) or provide evidence of intent to register,
• Be located or committed to locate within the Yorke Peninsula Council district,
• Have evidence of an appropriate legal structure such as a sole trader, Australian registered company or company limited by guarantee (or have written evidence that you are moving towards becoming one of the above),
• Evidence of a bank account in the name of the applicant,
• Be able to demonstrate why and how their application will have a positive impact on the local business environment,
• Be able to demonstrate long-term financial viability as evidenced by business plans/ projected financial statements, including key assumptions underpinning cash flow projections,
• Be able to complete the stated grant objectives within 12 months following approval of the grant,
• Be a business that will enhance (not compete with) existing businesses, and
• Have no outstanding debts of any kind to the Yorke Peninsula Council.
What can the grant money be used for?
Please view the Business Enhancement Program Guide for more details on eligible and non-eligible items.
Council will also provide non-financial support, which includes but is not limited to:
How to apply?
- Call Council and ask to speak to the Business and Economic Development Officer to discuss your application (08 8832 0000);
- Read and understand the guidelines in the Business Enhancement Program Guide;
- Determine the amount of ‘matched funding’ required; and
- Have all of your supporting documentation uploaded and ready to submit.
Dependent upon which ‘category’ of funding stream that you are applying for, ‘supporting documentation’ may include:-
- Certificate of currency for your insurance
- Certificate of Registration or Incorporation or equivalent documentation (or evidence that you are in the process of applying for an ABN)
- Current Strategic or Business Plans or Feasibility Studies
- Risk Assessment
- Recent End of Financial Year Statements (preferably audited)
- Other financial information such as draft budgets, cash flow projections
- Bank account details
- The project budget including detailed income and expenditure
- Project quotes
- Any other documents that will support your application
Applications that are not completed correctly and in full may be deemed as non-compliant or ineligible and may not be considered.
Please ensure that you have read the guidelines before applying.