Yorke Peninsula Council has introduced a new and improved process for sponsorships and donations.
Each year, Council sponsors numerous local events and makes donations toward worthwhile initiatives, as part of its commitment to improving the vibrancy, wellbeing and social connection of the Yorke Peninsula community.
The new Sponsorship and Donation Policy aims to assist community groups and organisations in obtaining funding as well as providing a framework for Council to allocate the funds in a transparent, effective, equitable and consistent manner.
There is now a clear set of guidelines and formal application documents for those seeking sponsorship or donations to fill out and make their requests.
Small requests involve a simple application process, whereas larger events can ask for multi-year funding by taking a few extra steps.
Applicants can be located within or out of the Council area; however, the sponsored event must take place within the Council area.
“Council prides itself on providing community support, and one of the best ways we can do this is by offering sponsorship for, or donations toward, local events and initiatives,” Mayor Darren Braund said.
“This new policy will ensure all sponsorships and donations are made based on criteria that is easy to understand and applies to everyone equally.
“Historically, most of our sponsorship budget has been pre-allocated to recurring events, so we want organisers of these events to be aware of the new process.”
Events that Council may consider suitable for the funding generally include, but are not limited to, recreational, cultural, sporting, street activation, and art exhibitions events, other community events showcasing Yorke Peninsula’s historic, heritage, cultural, and natural values, awards, and celebrations of home-grown talents.
To view the full policy and application form, visit www.yorke.sa.gov.au.
Key points the new Policy includes:
- Who and what events are eligible to seek sponsorship and donation funding from Council and the maximum value capped for each type of event.
- How to access the funding via an application process.
- Introduction of a recurrent sponsorship funding option for established events.
- Identification of the criteria used to evaluate sponsorship and donation funding requests.
- Events with the potential to create social and economic benefits for the wider Yorke Peninsula region will be viewed most favourably.
- If the allocated budget is exhausted, event organisers can still seek sponsorship for their proposal to go through the usual process, and a recommendation be provided to Council for consideration.