Enrolling to vote in the upcoming 2022 Council elections will close at 5pm on Friday, 29 July.
The voters’ roll for Council elections has two components:
- the State (House of Assembly) electoral roll, and
- the council supplementary roll.
State electoral roll
If you are on the State electoral roll you will automatically receive a voting pack.
To check if your residential and postal details are up to date on the State electoral roll click here.
If you have moved house or changed your name, you need to complete a new enrolment form, available at:
- your local Post Office, or
- at the Electoral Commission of South Australia office (located at Level 6/60 Light Square, Adelaide), or
- by calling Electoral Commission of South Australia on 1300 655 232 to request a form be sent to you.
Council supplementary roll
If you are not enrolled on the State electoral roll you may be eligible to register on the Council supplementary roll if:
- You have been a resident at your current address for one month and are not on the State electoral roll
- You are a sole owner/occupier of rateable property
- You are not an Australian citizen but you have been a resident at your current address for one month
- You are a landlord for rateable property
- You are an organisation/business owner or occupier of rateable property
- You are a group of owners or occupiers of rateable property.
Enrolling on your council’s supplementary roll
If you wish to enrol on the Council supplementary roll to vote in a supplementary election you should download the information and enrolment form relevant to your particular circumstance and submit it to your Council.
|Roll close||5pm, Friday 29 July 2022|
|Nomination Open||Tuesday 23 August 2022|
|Nominations Close||12 noon, Tuesday 6 September 2022|
|Dispatch of ballot material to electors||Friday 14 October and Thursday 20 October 2022|
|Close of voting||5pm, Thursday 10 November 2022|
|Scrutiny and Count||9am, Saturday 12 November 2022|